Thursday, April 13, 2006

Rejoice!! My SSN battle is finally over!

I am happy to report that my drawn-out "battle" with the SSA has finally come to a close. I received my SSN card in the mail yesterday. I reckon I should take a picture with that card as a keepsake.

On a second throught: probably not a good idea, since if the photo gets leaked out, people will know my SSN and can do all sort of things with it... hmmm

I have also found a place to call home (at least for now). It is located in a suburb called Forest Hills in Queens and it is about half an hour on the subway from midtown Manhattan. Not all bad considering it is close to the airport as well, which is what I need. Ok so no view overlooking Central Park in the Upper East side, I am still working towards that - will start buying lotto here.

So I am really truly getting settled into New York now! The next task for me is to find my way around the city to the FUN stuff (like food, theater, bars n' clubs... did I mention food?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what what what? No pictures of your new apartment?