Thursday, April 05, 2007

Spring time in NY

... is completely surreal. I just finished taking all my jumpers/sweaters to dry-cleaning and packed up my down jacket last Saturday. It was really nice, the sun was out, and I was in my T-shirt and shorts. I went to Cafe Lalo on upper westside. This cafe is apparently famous for pre and after theater dinner and drinks. It appeared in the film "You've got Mail" some years back (and I guess that's why it is also famous?).


I enjoyed a very European brunch by the nice bay window seats over a cappacino, and a piece of French "Kiss" Quiche (Gruyere cheese with shiitake mushroom, onion/leek made with pate-brisee served with Mediterranean salad), with a good book.


Central park was close by so I took a long-ish walk in there afterwards. There were signs of new life after a rather mild winter here. I was even looking for magnolias and cherry blossoms in the park as these 2 weeks we celebrate the cherry blossom festival here. Afterall, it is officially Spring!


Then this morning - snow. Yap! Not for long (only about 10 minutes and it was more like hail/slush type snowy rain). Forecast for this weekend is subzero at night. At the moment I am back to wearing my cashmere tops and big coats out and the heating is on indoors AGAIN!

I am just praying that there will still be some blossoms left on tree trunks for me to see by this weekend. Oh boy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Sh1t! :) Really reminds me of a beautiful day in NY...
AT