Thursday, January 25, 2007

NY Aquarium

I think the last time I visited an aquarium was like 5-6 years ago in Sydney. I have always loved the aquarium. It is as close to going diving as it gets, without having to get into the water - and I can actually take pictures!! One day, I would finally go diving (I have been planning on it... hopefully I will get around to it soon).

Anyway, I went to the New York Aquarium near Coney Island about a month ago. It reminded me again why I loved aquariums. It was an overcast and windy winter day. It was also a public holiday so not a lot of people were around (and some of the sea animals were also off on vacation). There were still plenty to see - from colourful tropical fish, to the gentle giant turtles and seals and some big big sharks and stingrays.






There was a really cool exhibition about Jelly fish. I don't exactly remember which type of jellies they had there, but there were definitely some rather strange and alient looking creatures on display. In reality, I would probably have freaked out if I saw them in the sea while I was swimming, but they were spectacular and fascinating behind glass.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jellyfish are so cool! :)
We saw a whole bunch of jellyfish at a recent dive...