Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Game



After much anticipation, I finally went to my first baseball game. It wasn't in New York, it was in St Louis actually.

As the wrap-up activity for the project I was working on in St Louis, we went to the game of St. Louis Cardinal vs Florida Marlin (thanks guys, I really appreciate you taking me there, and getting me the right-colored gear so I would blend in with the home crowd!!).



So not only did I finally get to experience the ball game atmosphere (ie. the overpriced nachos and Bud Light on draft and the roar of the home crowd cheering), I also had my own personal baseball "intepreter" explaining to me the finer points of watching baseball, what all those numbers on the board acutally meant, and the expected behavior of cheering the team on and participating in mexican waves. It was a lot of fun (especially when the fireworks go off for home-runs).



The game was slow to start with, and things were not moving until the bottom half of the 8th inning when finally, the Cardinals hit a few to load up the bases and then a home run to bring it all home (I am sure if they didn't win, there would have been a riot in the stadium). Maybe I can enjoy it even more the next time around now that I have a little more understanding of the significants of what all the numbers on the board means (I was too distracted by the photo opps, as per usual...).




1 comment:

Winnie said...

It's Playoffs time. Consider yourself VERY lucky if you get to go to another game between now and the World Series.