Sunday, September 17, 2006

Bean Town Cow Parade

Once more I was in Boston for work late August so I took the opportunity to go into town again after work. I actually haven't been back into Boston city center itself since the first weekend I got there (and visited Harvard etc).

So I was quite surprise to find lots of cows in the city. They were everywhere, in all kinds of sharps and shade. I started off at the Park Street Metro station...



Proceeded through Boston Common...


Then down to City Hall...


And finally Quincy Marketplace.


The cows all stood still on the busy streets, in the midst of frenzies and watching people zooming by... Ahem, ok.


So I read the plaque near the feet of each cow, and actually each cow had been painted by a different artist with a different sponsor. These cows were going to be auctioned off for charity. Boston was one of the participating cities in the world (offical website: http://boston.cowparade.com/)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha... Chinese Cowgirl at the Cow Parade! :P